This simple and versatile treat can be enjoyed for breakfast, a light lunch, or snack. I love having it along side a big salad or a bowl of soup. The basic recipe is just a piece of toast (preferably a sprouted grain bread like Ezekiel) and then 1/4-1/2 of an avocado, depending on its size, mashed and spread across the toast. Below are some fun variations to try! Comment below with your favorites!
- Lemon pepper, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper, optional drizzle of olive oil
- Hemp seeds, tahini, and lemon juice
- Cilantro, lime juice, cayenne, tomatoes optional to add black beans to make it more filling
- Cucumber, sriracha, sesame seeds, ginger
- Orange slices and basil
- Sprinkle of bee pollen and drizzle of honey or agave (great for allergies if using local bee products!)
- Strawberries and goat cheese