These are a fun appetizer alternative to serve in lieu of greasy fried chicken wings!
2 heads of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
~1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour (or sub flour of choice)
1/2 cup water or 1 egg beaten
1 tbsp earth balance spread, melted (or sub olive or coconut oil)
1/2 recipe of Homemade BBQ Sauce (see below) (or your favorite BBQ sauce, prob about 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Mix garbanzo bean flour and water until slightly runny (pancake batter consistency).
3. Coat cauliflower pieces with batter
4. Roast cauliflower on a baking sheet with earth balance or oil for about 30-45 minutes.
5. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and return to the oven for another 15-20minutes.
6. Broil for an additional 5 minutes for extra crisp!
Homemade BBQ Sauce:
12oz plain tomato paste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 medjool dates, pitted
1 garlic clove
4-5 pearl onions (I buy tiny frozen ones at TJ, if not sub 1/2 large onion)
spices to taste: paprika, cumin, cayenne, thyme. salt, pepper